Canada’s unions, in partnership with the National Council of Canadian Muslims want to address Islamophobia at work. What are the experiences of Muslim workers? How does Islamophobia follow Muslims to work? This forum on challenging Islamophobia in the Workplace aims to organize against religious discrimination and racism. Please join us. Space is limited.
Date: Tuesday April 10, 2018. 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Registration desk open at 8:00 a.m. and the doors open at 9:00 a.m.
Location: Daniels Spectrum Community Cultural Hub, 585 Dundas St. E., Regent Park, Toronto, ON
Affiliates are encouraged to send delegates who work on equity, anti-racism, education and organizing. Each delegate must register individually as our online process includes accessibility requests, payment options, and food restrictions.
- Registration fee is $150; Payment must be received by March 27, 2018.
- Registered participants with accessibility needs must identify their functional limitations during the registration process, no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 9, 2018.
- Childcare will be available. Email email@example.com to register. The deadline to apply for childcare is 5:00 p.m. on March 9, 2018
- Registration will close on April 2, 2018 or when capacity is reached. Register early to avoid disappointment as space is limited.
The CLC has arranged the guest room rate of $209/ night at the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel, 123 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON, M5H 2M9. Tel. 1-416-361-1000, Toll-free Reservations 1-888-627-7175.
* All rates are single/ double occupancy, before taxes and municipal levies.
Air Canada has been designated the official airline for the event; the booking code is: X6P8E9K1
Please note that this event will be documented (filmed & photographed) to be featured in our online and social media content. If you object to being captured on film or photographs, please indicate so by answering the question during the online registration process.
For more information, please contact Elsie Abraham at firstname.lastname@example.org.