Internal / External Posting
Bulletin No. 2018-07 - Regina, Saskatchewan
Application deadline: January 4, 2019
There is an upcoming vacancy for a Regional Representative in our Prairie Regional Office. This position is based in Regina, Saskatchewan.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Under the direction of the Prairie Regional Director, the Representative will:
- work with labour councils and the federation of labour to assist in the local development and delivery of CLC programs;
- plan and coordinate the implementation of campaigns at the regional and local levels;
- liaise with the affiliates on municipal strategies;
- provide CLC support for activities of social justice partners at the provincial and local levels. This includes assisting to identify new opportunities for coalition building, community organizing and animation;
- maintain and develop CLC education program materials and modules related to campaigns in the service area and the region;
- deliver CLC educational programs within the region;
- provide media coordination for labour councils and the CLC in the region;
- initiate programs to raise the profile of the labour movement and establish community media contacts in area of responsibility.
The successful applicant will have:
- a sound knowledge of the labour movement and our social and economic equality goals;
- a good understanding of CLC regional structure, including labour councils, the education program and other regionally-delivered programs;
- excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office products and design experience (newsletters, etc);
- proficiency in social media and modern communication tools;
- adult education training and experience, including experience using education techniques typically employed in the labour movement;
- demonstrated experience developing and maintaining educational materials;
- minimum of 3 years’ experience in community organizing and animation;
- minimum of 3 years’ successful experience working with labour councils and community groups to plan and deliver campaigns;
- successful experience in developing effective working relationships with the media to ensure coverage of issues and events;
- the ability to work with other organizations inside the labour movement and with community and coalition partners;
- good verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated leadership ability;
- collective bargaining and union representation experience;
- ability to integrate a feminist and anti-racist perspective into union work;
- ability to carry out frequent overnight travel both within and outside the region.
The starting salary for this position is $83,166.90 (plus benefits) under the collective agreement IAMAW Local Lodge 3111 CULR (formerly with Unifor, Local CULR‑1).
Please submit your resume and covering letter to the attention of Lori McCarthy, Director, Human Resources, via email: email@example.com by January 4, 2019. Quote Bulletin 2018-07 in your application.
Note: The CLC will complete its internal hiring process prior to proceeding with external candidates. While we appreciate all applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Labour Congress is an equal opportunity employer. Members of equity seeking groups are encouraged to self-identify. Women, workers of colour, workers with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, two-spirit, intersex and Indigenous workers are encouraged to apply for this position.