Bulletin No. 221 - Vancouver, British Columbia
Application Deadline: March 16, 2018
The Canadian Labour Congress has a vacancy for a Regional Secretary (Grade 4) in the Pacific Regional Office in Vancouver, BC. The salary range for this position is $53,854.71 to $57,166.74.
Under the supervision of the Regional Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for secretarial and administrative work in the Regional Office including (but not limited to):
- Produce correspondence and other documents;
- Draft routine correspondence and reply to email enquiries;
- Format documents, manipulate charts and graphs;
- Edit and proofread documents including review for grammar and spelling;
- Arrange for translations as needed, taking into account priorities and deadlines;
- Track itineraries of senior staff and make travel arrangements as needed;
- Maintain files within parameters of the records management system;
- Post Internet materials;
- Operate office equipment, provide routine maintenance or calls for service;
- Check accuracy of invoices and issue cheques for payment;
- Administer revolving account, action plan accounts and project plan accounts under the general direction of the Regional Director;
- Prepare and forward reconciliation statements to Headquarters;
- Review and verify labour council audit reports and forward to Headquarters;
- Check accuracy of expense claims;
- Provide administrative support to regional educational schools; and
- Perform convention-related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have directly-related experience, strong computer and communications skills, the ability to work as part of a team, and demonstrate initiative. Some overnight travel may be required to provide support to educational programs.
Please submit applications in English to the attention of Lori McCarthy, Director, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m., March 16, 2018.
Note: The CLC will complete its internal hiring process prior to proceeding with external candidates. While we appreciate all applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Labour Congress is an equal opportunity employer. Members of equity-seeking groups are encouraged to self-identify. Women, workers of colour, workers with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, two-spirit, intersex and Aboriginal workers are encouraged to apply for this position.