Taking Charge of Change (TCC) is an intensive eight-week activist training program for young workers and youth activists (age 30 and under) who want to lead, build and organize for change. This program takes place in a participatory online learning environment.
Winter 2016 Session: Every Tuesday from February 23rd – April 12th, 2016. Sessions run from 7pm – 9pm EST.
This program will help you:
• Build leadership skills to engage and mobilize young workers.
• Build knowledge about the issues affecting young workers in the union, workplace and community.
• Deepen your understanding of past and present labour and social justice issues using an anti-oppression framework.
• Develop organizing skills for building a movement.
• Bonus! Build solidarity with other young activists across the country.
TCC is an intensive program made up of twelve sessions held live online over eight weeks. Sessions explore contemporary issues grounded in a context of peoples’ histories, struggles and politics. We round out the sessions by building skills and sharing strategies and tactics for organizing.
Applications are open from January 8 to 24, 2016.