Bulletin No. 248
Bilingual Senior Administrative Assistant (Grade 4)
Human Rights Department
Application Deadline: June 18, 2021
There is a vacancy for the position of Senior Administrative Assistant (Grade 4) – Bilingual within the Human Rights Department.
This position is based at our Headquarters office in Ottawa, Ontario; however, due to COVID‑19, this work will be performed via a combination of working remotely and accessing the office on a pre-scheduled and rotational basis, as required.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Arrange meetings, maintain committee contact lists, inform committee members about meeting arrangements, distribute materials, respond to enquiries, make arrangements for meals and refreshments;
- Provides assistance on campaigns and projects;
- Register participants for conferences and events;
- Organize and maintain files within parameters of the records management system;
- Make travel arrangements as needed including visas, itineraries, accommodation, and schedules;
- Produce correspondence, reports, briefs, bulletins, and other documents;
- Format documents, scan text and graphics, manipulate charts and graphs;
- Edit and proofread documents and review for grammar and spelling;
- Use specialized software to format and/or draft layout design for publications;
- Draft routine correspondence and reply to email enquiries;
- Answer phones, screen calls, take messages, answer enquiries and direct calls to appropriate person;
- Open, sort, prioritize and distribute incoming mail;
- Arrange for translation as needed, taking into account priorities and deadlines;
- Post material on the web as requested;
- Conduct information searches on the Internet;
- Take notes at meetings as requested;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in administration with two to three years’ experience. Equivalencies will be considered;
- Proficiency with MS Office suite;
- Experience with databases is considered an asset;
- Oral and written fluency in English and French is required;
- Professional level written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent proofreading and document formatting skills;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently.
The Canadian Labour Congress offers a four-day work week (30 hours), onsite parking, and a competitive benefits plan including pension under the collective agreement of bargaining unit COPE 225. The salary range for this position is $60,727.54 to $64,271.41.
Please submit your application to the attention of Lori McCarthy, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com, no later than 5:00 p.m. on June 18, 2021.
The Canadian Labour Congress is an equal opportunity employer. Members of equity seeking groups are encouraged to self-identify. Women, workers of colour, workers with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, two-spirit, intersex and Indigenous workers are encouraged to apply for this position.