Bulletin No. 268
Bilingual Senior Administrative Assistant (Grade 4)
Two (2) Temporary Positions
Political Action and Communications Department
Application Deadline: Posted until filled.
There are two (2) vacancies for the position of Bilingual Senior Administrative Assistant (Grade 4) assigned to the Political Action and Communications Department. One is covering a maternity leave until approximately February 2025, and the other is covering a medical leave for six (6) months, with possibility of extension.
This position is based at our Headquarters office in Ottawa, Ontario, with regular in office presence.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Arrange meetings, maintain committee contact lists, inform committee members about meeting arrangements, distribute materials, respond to enquiries, make arrangements for meals and refreshments;
- Provides assistance on campaigns and projects;
- Register participants for conferences and events;
- Organize and maintain files within parameters of the records management system;
- Make travel arrangements as needed including visas, itineraries, accommodation, schedules;
- Produce correspondence, reports, briefs, bulletins, and other documents;
- Format documents, scan text and graphics, manipulate charts and graphs;
- Edit and proofread documents and review for grammar and spelling;
- Use specialized software to format and/or draft layout design for publications;
- Draft routine correspondence and reply to email enquiries;
- Answer phones, screen calls, take messages, answer enquiries and direct calls to appropriate person;
- Open, sort, prioritize and distribute incoming mail;
- Arrange for translation as needed, taking into account priorities and deadlines;
- Post material on the web as requested;
- Conduct information searches on the Internet;
- Take notes at meetings as requested; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in Administration with two to three years’ relevant experience;
- Oral and written fluency in English and French is essential;
- Professional level written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent proofreading and formatting skills;
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and InDesign;
- Familiarity with Google Docs, NationBuilder, Client Relationship Management (CRM), databases and software such as Asana and Slack are considered assets;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as
The salary range for this position is $66,952.54 to $70,496.41, plus benefits under the COPE 225 Collective Agreement. This includes a four (4) day work week (30 hours), generous health, vision, and dental benefits, group life insurance and LTD coverage, pension, as well as fitness allowance, free parking, and other staff perks.
Please submit your application to the attention of Lori McCarthy, Director of Human Resources, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. These positions will be posted until filled. Please quote Bulletin 268 in your application.
The Canadian Labour Congress is an equal opportunity employer. Members of equity seeking groups are encouraged to self-identify. Women, workers of colour, workers with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, two-spirit, intersex and Indigenous workers are encouraged to apply for this position.