INTERNAL / EXTERNAL POSTING
Bulletin No. 255
Two (2) Bilingual Senior Administrative Assistants (Grade 4)
Social, Economic & Policy (SEP) Department
Internal Application Deadline: May 20, 2022
External Application Deadline: May 27, 2022
There are two (2) vacancies for the position of Bilingual Senior Administrative Assistant (Grade 4) assigned to the SEP Department.
The positions are based at our Headquarters office in Ottawa, Ontario; however, due to COVID-19, the work will be performed via a combination of working remotely and accessing the office on a pre-scheduled and rotational basis, as required.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Arrange meetings, maintain committee contact lists, inform committee members about meeting arrangements, distribute materials, respond to enquiries, make arrangements for meals and refreshments;
- Provides assistance on campaigns and projects;
- Register participants for conferences and events;
- Organize and maintain files within parameters of the records management system;
- Make travel arrangements as needed including visas, itineraries, accommodation, schedules;
- Produce correspondence, reports, briefs, bulletins, and other documents;
- Format documents, scan text and graphics, manipulate charts and graphs;
- Edit and proofread documents and review for grammar and spelling;
- Use specialized software to format and/or draft layout design for publications;
- Draft routine correspondence and reply to email enquiries;
- Answer phones, screen calls, take messages, answer enquiries and direct calls to appropriate person;
- Open, sort, prioritize and distribute incoming mail;
- Arrange for translation as needed, taking into account priorities and deadlines;
- Post material on the web as requested;
- Conduct information searches on the Internet;
- Take notes at meetings as requested; and
- Perform other related duties as
- Post-secondary education in administration with two to three years’ relevant experience;
- Oral and written fluency in English and French is essential;
- Professional level written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent proofreading and formatting skills;
- Proficiency with MS Office suite;
- Familiarity with Google Docs, InDesign and databases considered assets;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as
The salary range for the positions are $63,477.54 to $67,021.41, plus benefits under the COPE 225 collective agreement. They include a four (4) day work week (30 hours), generous health, vision, and dental benefits, group life insurance and LTD coverage, pension, as well as fitness allowance, free parking, and other staff perks.
Please submit your application to the attention of Lori McCarthy, Director of Human Resources, via email: email@example.com by May 20, 2022 for internal candidates and by May 27, 2022 for external candidates. Please quote Bulletin 255 in your application.
Note: The CLC will complete its internal hiring process prior to proceeding with external candidates. While we appreciate all applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Labour Congress is an equal opportunity employer. Members of equity seeking groups are encouraged to self-identify. Women, workers of colour, workers with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, two-spirit, intersex and Indigenous workers are encouraged to apply for these positions.