Bulletin No. 2019-06
Application Deadline: November 21, 2019
The Canadian Labour Congress (CLC) has a vacancy for a Lead Accountant based at CLC Headquarters in Ottawa, Ontario. This position reports to the Assistant to the President and to the Secretary-Treasurer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing support to the Assistant to the President and to the Secretary-Treasurer
- Assisting with planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Preparing quarterly and year-end financial statements
- Ensuring timeliness and accuracy of financial information
- Coordinating the execution of external audits including preparing supporting documents
- Assisting with the annual budget process including expense tracking, analyzing, and reporting on variances
- Monitoring investments and ensuring accurate recording of income
- Assisting Labour Councils with their financial reporting requirements to the CLC
- Assessing risk and being involved in controls and procedures monitoring
- Assisting with pension administration including reporting
- Providing operational supervision to the accounting team
- A Canadian professional accounting designation is required
- 5 or more years’ experience in accounting with some supervision functions
- Proficiency with MS Office and computerized accounting systems (e.g. ACCPAC or similar)
- Understanding of internal controls
- Experience overseeing audits by external auditors
- Financial analysis and budgeting experience
- Excellent leadership, communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Pension administration experience is considered an asset
- Oral and written fluency in English required with French considered an asset
The salary range for this position is $88,558.50 – $91,663.00 under the collective agreement IAMAW Local Lodge 3111 CULR.
In addition to base salary, this position includes over $13,000 in compensation provided through a monthly vehicle allowance, daily per diem, as well as vacation bonus payments that are unique to the CLC.
The CLC also offers a generous benefits package including health, vision, and dental coverage, defined benefit pension plan, free parking, and more.
Please submit your resume and covering letter (in English), to the attention of Lori McCarthy, Director, Human Resources, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org by November 21, 2019. Quote Bulletin 2019-06 in your application.
The Canadian Labour Congress is an equal opportunity employer. Members of equity seeking groups are encouraged to self-identify. Women, workers of colour, workers with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, two-spirit, intersex and Indigenous workers are encouraged to apply for this position.