Bulletin No. 2023-15
National Representative, Education
Posting Deadline: Open until Filled
The Canadian Labour Congress (CLC) is the largest labour organization in Canada, bringing together dozens of national and international unions, provincial and territorial federations of labour and community-based labour councils to represent more than 3 million workers across the country.
Our staff are a team of dynamic professionals dedicated to growing worker power and ensuring every working person has a voice on the job. When you work at the CLC, you’re more than just an individual employee — you’re helping to lead a movement.
The Canadian Labour Congress has vacancy for a National Representative within the Education department. This position is based at CLC’s headquarters located in Ottawa, Ontario with the expectation of regular presence in the office to help facilitate collaboration with colleagues, management, and the leadership team.
The successful candidate will report to the Director, Education.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead both in-person and virtual initiatives, such as creating labour education course materials, conducting training webinars, testing new course content, and fostering learner engagement in diverse online environments.
- Create personalized learning strategies utilizing media technologies and assess the effectiveness of these learning approaches.
- Offer technical assistance to affiliated unions, Labour Federations, and Labour Councils regarding their education development and delivery requirements.
- Collaborate with colleagues in various CLC departments and educators within CLC affiliates to create educational materials.
- Keep up to date with current and emerging online and in-class learning techniques and best practices, maintaining a strong working knowledge.
- Post-secondary education in Adult Learning, Communications, or a related field. An acceptable equivalent in education and experience may be considered.
- Several years of experience in adult education with a focus on developing and facilitating courses for diverse learner groups.
- Excellent research, writing, presentation, and time management skills.
- Familiar with theories and practices related to labour education.
- Knowledge of the Canadian labour movement, labour’s equality work and an ability to integrate a feminist and anti-racist perspective.
- Skillful and diplomatic handling of people always.
- Effective collaboration within a team and the capability to work independently.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and various learning management systems (LMS).
- Ability to travel and work in both official languages will be considered an asset.
The starting salary for this position is $98,649.38 annually (plus benefits) under the collective agreement of IAMAW Local Lodge 3111 CULR. This includes generous health, vision, and dental benefits, group life insurance and LTD coverage, pension, as well as a monthly vehicle allowance and coverage for fuel, internet, and cell phone.
Please submit your application to the attention of Lori McCarthy, Director of Human Resources, via email: email@example.com quoting Bulletin 2023-15 in your application.
Note: This position will remain open until filled. While we appreciate all applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Labour Congress is an equal opportunity employer. Members of equity seeking groups are encouraged to self-identify. Women, workers of colour, workers with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, two-spirit, intersex and Indigenous workers are encouraged to apply for this position.