This year, the Canadian Labour Congress (CLC) has been approved for funding for a youth job placement, within our Communications department, through the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) program.
Job Title: Multimedia Developer, Motion Design
Criteria and Information
Applicants must meet the minimum CSJ criteria to qualify:
• Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
• Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
• While there is no longer a requirement to be a current or returning student, due to the nature of the work, preference will be given to applicants currently enrolled in or have completed relevant post-secondary education.
• The terms are for eight (8) weeks beginning early July.
• Compensation is $20 per hour, based on a 35-hour work week. Statutory benefits only.
• Until further notice, the youth job placement work will be completed remotely, using tools such as Zoom conferencing and remote access to our filing systems.
Our Communications team continues to expand our presence in the digital and online space and our ability to produce high-quality content for the web and social platforms is in competition with other very necessary duties.
The Multimedia Developer will help design and animate gifs and infographics, and build digital templates and processes to ensure staff can produce high-quality content more seamlessly.
How to Apply
The application process is outlined here.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are to include the following information:
• confirmation you meet the CSJ criteria;
• availability of, and access to, work equipment (computer, internet, phone) at home;
• work availability from July 5 to August 31; and
• if referred by CLC staff, please include their name and your relationship.